American Red Cross Training
The Southern Nevada Health District Regulations Governing the Sanitation and Safety of Tattoo and Body Piercing Establishments state that all tattoo, permanent makeup and body piercing technicians must complete the American Red Cross training in Preventing Disease Transmission or its equivalent within 30 days of passing the written exam.
Registration and payment should be made at least one week before the start of the class.
To enroll contact the American Red Cross:
- By phone at (800) 733-2767
- In person at 1771 East Flamingo Road, Building B, Suite 206, Las Vegas
- Online at www.redcrosslasvegas.org
- From the home page click on "Take a class"
- Click on "Individuals Seeks First Aid, CPR Etc. Training Click Here" and follow the directions to register for a class.
Regulations require that at least one person is trained in CPR and First Aid, as evidenced by current certification, and is available at the establishment during hours of operations.
It is the responsibility of the shop owner and/or manager to ensure that all operators and technicians stay current with their training. Non-compliance may result in suspension of health permit.